Thursday, February 26, 2009

I have a schedule? Whaaaat?

So, for the next month or two I'm working as a temp doing some graphic design during the day. It means I can't stay at home all day and devote my time completely to the webpage and writing, so Char and I are trying to balance out tasks so things get done on 'schedule'. I'm writing every evening for an hour or two, so the novels are still well under way. I just finished part one of Novel 2, in fact. It's just barely under 30,000 words along.

It's weird working for 8 hours, taking the MAX home, and then sitting down to work again. Now, since that 'work' is writing and drawing most times, it's good leisure activities for the evening. But it means that more teeth-grindingly annoying stuff like Drupal page work will probably have to wait for the weekend. I get enough of the joy of tedium designing transit maps at work during the day.

It's especially weird coming off of a weekend of vacation, where my mom came up to Portland from Louisiana and took me out for almost 3 days. I had a lot of fun but also lost a lot of work time to get in before I started my day job up. On the other hand, the wine tour we went on landed me 6 bottles of premium wine, which shall surely make me more productive, especially Friday nights. :3

I have a camera now. I mostly take pictures of the cats and blurry pictures of whatever's moving outside the MAX train windows. I might post up a few of em here soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment